CONTENT RESTRICTED TO THE FOLLOWING:
The Meaning of Life, the Destiny of Man, & the Nature of God
More instructions:
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE RESTRICTIONS, I REQUIRE SPELLING AND GRAMMER IN ALL POSTS TO BE ABSOLUTELY PORFECT.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Survival

When I was young, I believed anything was possible. I believed in God. I believed in the goodness of humankind, and I believed that goodness could triumph over evil.

I am old now and disheartened, for I see good losing, drowning in the tide of evil that is flooding the earth, and I am helpless. I am being submerged. I hear reports of incomprehensible acts of horror and my heart grows cold. I struggle for breath and suck in only the filth that I see about me. The safety of the grave beckons.

What can I do? I will search for beauty. I will seek out the extraordinary acts of kindness that wet my parched lips with the cool water of goodness. I will renounce evil. I will hide from the horror. I will fill my existence with the glories of music and read words of wisdom and hope. I will look for love and friendship, loyalty and honor in those I meet. Then perhaps my head will rise above the sewage of the world, and I can breathe.


No comments: